Want to be the first to hear my latest news? Sign up to my mailing list here.
- 15th August 2018: Pre-order my new single Look Good in Blue from iTunes now! The song is officially released on August 31st.
- 21st June 2018: How much does it cost to self-release a single? Read my latest blog HERE
- 8th June 2018: Circles is now released! It has entered the iTunes singer-songwriter charts at #20!
- 7th June 2018: Thank you to everyone who attended my launch party for Circles at Ziferblat London.
- 30th May 2018: Thanks so much to ‘Music Musings and Such’ for interviewing me this week. Read it here.
- 16th May 2018: I have launched a crowd funding campaign for my EP. Click here to read more.
- 1st May 2018: Circles is now available on pre-release. Download your copy on iTunes now!
- 30th April 2018: Circles was chosen as Track of the Week on BBC Introducing and will be played every day this week on the mid morning show on BBC Radio Leicester – thank you so much to Dean Jackson for choosing my track.
- 28th April 2018: Magenta featured on BBC Introducing and Radio Leicester. I spoke with Monica Winfield on BBC Radio Leicester today and later Circles will be aired on BBC Introducing East Midlands (from 8pm-10pm).
Magenta releases her second single Look Good in Blue, on August 31st. Check out the video teaser here. You can pre order on iTunes now. The retro folk-pop song talks of unrequited love, longing and missed opportunities. She also released her debut single Circles on June 8th 2018 – a folk-pop acoustic song which showcases her emotive, British sound.
Magenta started songwriting in her early teens and during her career has worked with jazz star Wynton Marsalis, Disney, trance DJs Genix and Solarstone – as well as sung lead vocals for leading major dance labels. Influenced by artists such as Joni Mitchell, Carol King and the Cardigans, growing up, Magenta was also a fan of boy band Take That. In 2017 she had the opportunity to work with lead singer Gary Barlow on his West End musical GIRLS. She led two mass choirs assembled to perform with Barlow at the Royal Variety Show and the Olivier Awards and also recorded a track with him that she later performed with the cast of GIRLS on the BBC’s Strictly Come Dancing. “It was amazing to meet and record in the studio with Gary,” says Magenta. “My inner 12-year-old was ridiculously excited!”
Before turning to songwriting, Magenta conducted choirs and appeared on The One Show in 2016 when she was named BBC ‘Unsung Hero’ for her work with community music, founding three thriving community choirs in Leicester and London. More recently she has been writing with songwriting veteran Michael Garvin (23 #1s including Jennifer Lopez’ Waiting for Tonight and George Benson’s Never Give Up on a Good Thing). She is currently writing with the DWB production team.
Her band includes rising jazz pianist Matt Carter and seasoned session guitarist Mike Eaves, with wife Karen Eaves on strings.